good program that deletes

Discussion in 'Software' started by jak3y, Nov 7, 2005.

1. jak3y

jak3y Guest

permanently...not like ccleaner but something that shreds and deletes the data...any recommendations?

2. star17

star17 MajorGeek

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

4. restfullone

restfullone Private E-2

This is a good one
    You can find it on
    http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/
    It has no gimmicks just good cleaning. It also can be used as a way to protect your privacy on the internet. I have found its a good cleaner on my pc.

5. Shyster

Shyster Private E-2

Whats wrong with CCleaner?

6. Flushed

Flushed Private E-2

If your willing to spend some cash, in my opinion you cant beat Evidence Eliminator. I invested in this program a few years ago and it was worth every penny in 'the peace of mind' stakes.

I use CC cleaner as just a basic cleanup once a day.
    And then run EE once a week to clear up the whole system. You can run a full system clean and then encrypt your free space on your hard drive to ridiculous levels.

7. dedknight

dedknight Private E-2

8. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Nothing, but it's not exactly what the author wants.

It merely deletes files, and he wants something that permanently shreds or deletes them so they can't be recovered.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds