goodness i really need help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by g12ron, Oct 26, 2010.

1. g12ron

g12ron Private E-2

i have a problem that is driving me crazy the problem is my printer locks out and then this hangs my pc.. i have changed printers always deleting the old drivers and uninstalled correctly i have changed the usb cable at least three times i have run pc register editor and it shows my pc is on top form and healthy i have tried what seams like 50 times to contact the printer manufacture which was HP and they well went round and round in circles and the tech help was hopeless so i bought a new kodak printer and was pulling what is left of my hair out by the roots because that too does exactly the same dam problem can someone please help me

My pc works fine shuts down ok when i don't use the dam printer
    g12ron:(

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, g12ron.

Might help if we knew what operating system and service pack # you're running, the make and model #s of both your computer and the printer(s), as well as an Everest report:

Please download and install Everest, a free system information tool.

Run Everest and click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report
    Click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop, use Browse to locate desktop)

Then attach your log to your next post per these instructions: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post.

3. g12ron

g12ron Private E-2

right i hope i have uploaded the report correctly

one additional information that might be helpful to help in solving this issue is the following i looked under maintance and i get error reports like this for all sorts of programs including antivirous and explorer i have no idea if they are relevant but it is the exact time the pc stops working

The operating system is vista home premium and service pack 2

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: AppTermFailureEvent
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
    Explorer.EXE.atk.kdmp
    Explorer.EXE.mu.dmp
    Explorer.EXE.xml
    Version.txt

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  4. g12ron

g12ron Private E-2

ps i ran out of time to say my pc was a mesh model elite Quad 6600-SP and my printer was a Kodak easycare 5300 but like i first said i had a hp printer connected and that did exactly the same problem so i dont think it is the printer that is giving me thhese isues

5. g12ron

g12ron Private E-2

i am sorry i dont mean this as a complaint i was just wondering if anyone has the opertunity to have a look yet at my problem.

there must be a solution i am sure that its some simple setting that is in my pc that need changing. as the problem of it hanging only happens when i have my or any printer connected to it?

please can someone at least just possibly just point me in the direction of where to look or how to get some help in finding out why this should happen

thanks in advance to anyone that can help me

G12ron

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds