Google Chrome Becomes Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Software' started by richardlhughes, Aug 19, 2012.

1. richardlhughes

richardlhughes Private E-2

I am having issues with Google Chrome. I have search throughout the web for directions on how to solve this issue but, nothing has been too clear how to resolve this issue.
    I want to try to get some help before I try to wipe the HDD. Also, I didn't make a good backup of the drive so it will be a bit painful if I re-install the system.

It appears the issue that causes for Google Chrome to become unresponsive has some relationship using JavaScript. Just my guess as if I disable JavaScript from the settings menu it doesn't become unresponsive.

Also, I have noticed that my Java Console will not open from the control Panel> I have tried running it from the command prompt with admin rights. I have tried it all. I also tried to remove all java from my machine with Javara and then re-install and it still had issue with the CP. I am not sure if this is related or seperate issue causing the google chrome issues.

Please let me know how I can include and logs or data to help narrow down my problem.

Also, I currently have ESET Antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed. I ran both scans from each tools.

I am currently in progress to re-install the Java 7.5 JRE for both 32 and 64bit.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name SERVER-PC
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model GA-MA78GPM-DS2H
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F1, 6/3/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Thanks in advance for your replies and support!

PS I did see some issue with video drivers causing the software issues? Not sure if I have the correct Video Driver software installed.

2. richardlhughes

I down-graded to JRE 6 for 64bit and it fixed my issue. I am not sure why it will not work with release 7.5 but, it locks up a bunch of software.

Issue is resolved. Thanks!

3. richardlhughes

It was working when I first installed JSE 6 64bit but, after computer was running over night it seems to be acting the same. So it still is having issues. Cannot open CP and Browser locks up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds