Google Chrome Creating lots of problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by jaishankar, Jan 18, 2011.

1. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

While browsing my internet, suddenly a popup appears, its not of the current website that of iam browsing but of google chrome:(, yes i have installed Internet download Manager, suddenly a windows opens asking me to download Google Chrome, the link which i have never clicked, then how come this window appears, plz somebody help me resolve this problem. Here is the image of that popup

[​IMG]

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Click this link, have a read through it and carry out the tasks/instructions in the link http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650 , this may help you out !
    Also open yous CMD using Admin rights i:e "right click on CMD and choose run as Admin" then type in flush /dns this will flush out your dns cache !

Hope this helps !
    Good Luck Rusty !

3. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

P.S sorry meant to say type into CMD using Admin rights "ipconfig /flushdns" not just flush /dns which was wrong ! :-o

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Google Chrome has a setting that you can not change. It will look for updates. Perhaps that is what you are seeing?
    I have used Google Chrome Portable because the only programs I want checking for updates is my security programs. Everything else I have turned off from checking for updates. I like to do it manually so if something fails, I will know exactly what was updated.

5. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

problem still unsolved:-o can't understand what u pplz are suggesting:-o

6. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

problem still unsolved:-o can't understand what u pplz are suggesting:-o

7. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there jaishankar can you tell us what your system is running i:e XP / Vista / Win7, then we may be able to help a bit more.

8. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

You are seeing this prompt because Chrome wants to auto-update, but Internet Download Manager is intercepting the DL request. If you want to get rid of the prompt, either complete the DL and install the Chrome update, or go into Chrome's preferences and turn off auto-updating altogether.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds