Google Earth won't work anymore?

Discussion in 'Software' started by daybreak, Apr 22, 2013.

1. daybreak

daybreak Private E-2

I'm running XP and for some reason google earth will not run right all of the sudden. Several weeks now. I get road and places but no photo terrain image. It's doing this on two computers. It says directx is not supported. Any Ideas? Thanks, PK.

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

I think this might be the answer:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/earth/EeuuJpznA3g

I also read that emptying the Google Earth cache can help with this problem. I have CCleaner set to empty it every night, so that might be why I haven't had this exact problem, even though I have version 7 and XP. The graphics are jumpy and unstable, but I don't get the message. Next time I really need GE, I guess I will have to remove it and go back to 6.2 as recommended for XP users.

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Do you have SP3 on your Windows XP?

Do you have the latest Google Earth version 7.1.1 that was released today?

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I just installed 7.1.1 from the MG website, and it turns out that it's actually a beta version.

5. daybreak

daybreak Private E-2

Got it going! I'm using an older version as recommended. Works great. Thanks PK

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds