Google Toolbar - Wanted comments pro/con...

Discussion in 'Software' started by HUDIK, Jun 11, 2004.

1. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Have been considering downloading the Google Toolbar, but have read a few things that makes me hesitate. Already have a popup app, so don't need it for that. Would be interested in hearing other peoples views on this feature.......
    Used to use a download way back called guru.net (changed to atomica), for this purpose. Dont' have that one any more. Is there another one like it out there that is really, really good, or do you have to go the toolbar route..........

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

well, i use it for a popup app, so, other than that the only other feature i see is to cut out going to google's website to search...which takes me .05 seconds anyway.

3. Astroman

Astroman Private E-2

One thing i like about the Google toolbar besides the popup blocker is that you can use the search bar the same as the URL box. It makes searching for something very fast because you don't have to go to google.com to find what you are looking for. I Recommend it

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

the only toolbar I trust (so long as you select the basic features on the install).

5. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

I definitly like Google Tool Bar. The Popup blocker is better than most out there too, as it doesn't block some things that shouldn't be blocked. If you do install it, do not install the advanced so that it doesn't send anything back to google. Works great............... :) :cool: I also use Leechget for downloads. You most likely can get it right here on MG.

6. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Appreciate all the input!!!

From all the positive feedback it does seem worthwhile downloading the said Google Toolbar. In my case for search features. Thanks for the info on what features to tick off/use.

The download I was referring to gurunet.com is a software program that would search just about anything (now Atomica). Checked LeechGet and if I'm not wrong this is a download app. If it's listed here probably a very good one, but not what I was referring to.

Would be interested in knowing why you would not use what you call '3rd party for popup'. I use PopupKiller, and have for years. Works great, and has many useful features. For me the most important thing is I control what gets blocked, and/or blacklisted.

Again thanks for all the valuable info !!:)

7. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

My mistake on the download program, thought that is what you meant. Also some of the stand alone popup stoppers also stop popups that you should see. We took a test, and I don't remember where it was on the net for popupstoppers, but Google tool bar passed with flying colors. You might do a search in here for it.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No, although it does offer the option with the ability to report usage statistics and such stuff.

You do not have to install that though.

9. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Adrynalyne, Ya beat me to it. Just be sure to install it as Kodo suggests.

10. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Greyhound, I looked again at my wording and you could have taken it the way you did.
    So not really a mistake on your part, and I learned something else.:D

11. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

12. dollar22bill

dollar22bill Private E-2

Google toolbar counter reset

:D After searching for a while to figure out how to reset the google toolbar counter, I found the answer at http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum80/796.htm

>> How do I reset the Popup Blocker count?

The Google Toolbar does not save blocked popups on your system, so it's not necessary to clear the popup counter. If you would like to clear the count on your Popup Blocker, press the Alt and Shift keys while clicking on the Popup Blocker button. This will set your count back to zero.

If you would like, you can also remove the counter entirely from the Popup Blocker button. To do so, click on the 'Options' button located directly on your Toolbar. Select the 'More' tab and uncheck the last box titled 'Hide popup blocker count.'

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds