Google

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by earlook, Jul 3, 2017.

1. earlook

earlook Private E-2

my motorola g4 has gone nuts! voice typing is on all the time,it never use to be,messaging and whats app come up with tap to speak,i want to type not tap to speak.this has only just happened,was thinking of a factory reset but it was asking for a pin then came up with tap to speak again then said google voice typing cannot be used for this field!help!!!!!!!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. Swipe down from the top and click on Settings
    2. Select general Management (or General)
    3. Tap language and input
    4. Tap on Google voice typing
    5. Tap OK Google Detection (mine is grayed out so I can't tap it)
    6. If you see "From the Google App" selection, move the slider to the left.

I suspect I turned mine off.

3. earlook

earlook Private E-2

google voice typing has automatic under it,tapping this brings up a list one is languages under this is default language,under that greyed out is "ok google" detection.this is nuts.

4. plodr

Sorry, all the directions I can find seem to be the steps I posted. I'll look a bit further to see if I find anything different.
    I don't use messaging or what's app so I can't comment on those.

5. plodr

6. plodr

7. earlook

earlook Private E-2

When I tap the Google app and settings,voice ok Google is greyed out,this is on my phone,on my tablet it is high lighted so I can choose what to do,this is how my phone should be.

8. plodr

Mine is also grayed out, on my phone, but I have an alternate keyboard installed so I think that's why I can type on my phone.

From what I have been able to see, the Moto G uses voice and you can't change it.

Install another keyboard app.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds