1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my new toy in today!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fred_G, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I got my Cisco 2501 router in today. Seems to work, just need a cable to hook it up to a computer (RJ45 to DB9 I think). One more router, a few switches, and my little CCNA lab will be set up.

And I know there are router sim programs out there, but I am a 'hands on' person. Plus, I have 4 computers in my single wide, so why not. Learning is good.

I am not good at low res, small files, but here is a pict.

Attached Files:

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

There are router sims, but the key to learning cisco routers really can't be learned with a router sims, but with more then one router, studying configs between routers & said interaction. I was told by a master cisco router guy, that to really learn cisco and routing on cisco devices. Good luck and enjoy your cisco studies.,