got some software issues needing attention

Discussion in 'Software' started by ifat7, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ifat7

ifat7 Private E-2

hello experts :)

i had a malware problem and got excellent help in the malware forum. some problems still remain and i was advised to post a thread here.

these problems occured after the malware fix:
    1. when i try to shut down the computer, my explorer needs to be closed manually.
    2. then, i have to shut down with the button and when i turn on again, it takes a very long time for everything to operate.
    3. theres a dump report in the startup in msconfig. what should i do with it?

these problems are bugging me for a very long time and need attention:
    1. my printer will constantly get stuck and only resume printing when i restart the computer.the software is up to date but sth still interfers with its smooth operation.
    2. my mouse marker will disappear after i close bsplayer.
    3. i would really like to apply the "details view" to all my folders but this option is grey in my folder option.

thanks for any advise.

2. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

well u say it takes a long time to start up

are there alot of programs starting up

for ur internet i'm not SURE if this will help but possibly CCleaner running the issue tab might correct ur regirsty for your printer issue providing it is a registry issue i cant be to sure just a suggestion

Wolf

3. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

i meant printer not internet my baddd and i couldent edit

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

yeah a quick wizz through your Hijack this suggests you have at kaspersky and sunbelt secuity and perhaps others too.

You should only have one firewall, one Av etc installed or they can conflict and cause unpredictable errors.

That said anyone who has has the system disturbed would benefit from running the Microsoft System File Checker

Start>run>typein
    cmd

In the black box which opens typein

sfc /scannow (note double n)

at the > prompt.

Insert you Windows Cd if it asks for it.

Let us know how you get on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds