granting an external application rights to microsoft outlook

Discussion in 'Software' started by slayer4567, Sep 1, 2005.

1. slayer4567

slayer4567 Private E-2

I have made a VB program to save the e-mail messages to my local hard drive so that they may be used at a later date. I have set up a rule (via rule-wizard) that will run this program every time I get a new e-mail, but will only start the program when the e-mail is recieved from a certain sender. Everything works great, except that everytime this rule runs, I need to manually grant access to the program to run on the e-mails. Just to make things clear, here is the error message I'm getting:
    " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'NO'"

Obviously I want to press yes, and I put a timer on how long it has access. I don't want to have to do that everytime I get an e-mail from this sender. How do I permanatly allow access for this program to run? Does it have to do with a digital signature? If so how do I create/obtain one? Is there possibly another way to do this so its automated?

I am running a Windows 2000 5.00.2195 service pack 4 on an Intel Pentium 4 1.7 GHz with 768MB of RAM and MS Outlook 2000 SR 1 (9.0.0.4527).

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. slayer4567

slayer4567 Private E-2

OK, unfortunatly I don't like using a program that presses yes for me all the time, or even if its for just outlook. I can just see it happening now... I use that application, and it presses yes every time that message pops up, and the next thing I know, my whole company has a virus because it pressed yes to a application that it wasn't supposed to...

With that being said, does anyone know of any third party COM's that could do this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds