Graphic Card Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nani_gopu, Mar 30, 2013.

1. nani_gopu

nani_gopu Private E-2

Hi Guys,

I am new to forum. I have a problem with my PC.

Recently my system was formatted and re installed windows Xp. After that when i was about to install drivers i realized that graphic card driver cd given by manufacturer is missing. I even do not know the model on the graphic card, only i can remember is that it is of 512 MB. Can you please help me on how to know the model number to download the driver software.

Thanks
    Revanth

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Revanth and welcome

To aid you in this please follow the below as written and we will or you can find the make and model of graphics driver you need.

I would also install the Chipset driver for your model PC 1st though then the graphics as this will help PC stability and compatibility.

3. nani_gopu

nani_gopu Private E-2

Hi David,
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Attached is the Reports.txt file.Please let me know the graphic card model and details to download drivers.

Thanks
    Revanth

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Revanth

Cheers for the info, form the log info the Chipset is this old one HERE, so install and then reboot, then install the Graphics driver from HERE as you have an Nvidia GeForce 8400GS card.

Reboot and test.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds