Graphic card x850xt

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ellis902, May 3, 2007.

1. ellis902

ellis902 Private First Class

Hello all, I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago, I have started coming on my pc again. What I wanted to say is that I purchased an x850xt video card of ebay. Anyway I didn't know it had to have a power cable to connect it to my power supply , can someone give me a website to purchase one from , and can someone write me a guide how of how to connect it. <-- most appreciated.

My current specs are:
    x2 3800+
    1GB dual core ram
    geforce 6200

BTW I need to purchase a new power supply also because my current one that came with this pc is about 300w. Could someone reccomend a PSU for me to get?

2. ellis902

BUMP... Reply please if you can , I need to order sooooooon. Thanks. I'm not trying to pressurise people to reply , but just to help a out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

The card uses a standard PSU molex, like the one you plug into a hard drive or CD drive.

I like the OCZ Game Stream 600W PSU.

Your wording, I do not like personally. That kind of stuff I leave in the hands of the mods here. Just my opinion.

E

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Go anywhere, staples, best buy, compusa, its a standard connector, should have come with a splitter in the box, so you could tap into something.

I removed the questionable word, please not this is a moderated forum with adults. Thank you :)

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

LOL, I was thinking of my 9800 card that runs off a molex, forgot about the video card power cable. Kinda like the one on my video card...:D

DOH! Thanks for the info Major Attitude.

E

6. ellis902

Ok, can someone give me a link where I can purchase one from? Sorry if I offended anyone.

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds