graphics card is crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by toki5, Dec 1, 2012.

1. toki5

toki5 Private First Class

my graphics card stops responding then reboots until finally it crashes windows 7 when trying to run index. The graphics card is nvidia geforce 6200. I just recently updated the drivers for it. Someone help lplease. Also, the chip is core 2 quad with asus P5Q-E

2. CRASH101

CRASH101 Private First Class

What is the error code? It could just be a driver problem. If it did not do this with the older version of the drive then I would roll it back and keep the driver that worked.

3. toki5

toki5 Private First Class

I will give that a shot. thanks, also I couldnt read the error code. I will try to jot it down the next time. thank you

4. CRASH101

CRASH101 Private First Class

My guess is the video drivers are not playing nice at all. Just roll them back or reinstall the old ones. Make sure you use driver sweeper too. Clean them out totally.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds