graphics card? wats wrong plz?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freekymonkey, Jul 12, 2005.

1. freekymonkey

freekymonkey Private E-2

ive got this new computer (spec.. 3.2Ghz intel 4, 2GB RAM, radeon 9550 128mb graphics card, audigy 2 sound card, xp sp 2 etc..)

i installed Rome: Total War and the Return of the King games today - and either only a small amount of time (after the intro for rome) or a longer time (when i wanted to exit on rotk) the game freezes, u get a jit jit repeated through the speakers and its inexitable. u have to restart to get out of there. these games played ok in my other comp, jst was very slow when running huge battles in rome.

im jst wondering if this sounds like a problem anyone here has had before, or if they have an idea wat it cld be. i think its pretty impossible that its RAM or hard drive related - coz they are top end. i intall the directx 9.0b that rome comes with - doesnt seem to take much time installing tho - its jst the acceptance screen and then the finished screen. i also downloaded and installed directx 9.0c and its not helping.. also, my old and favourite game 'civilisation: call to power' doesnt play at all. u click on play and nothing happens. i think that's all i know really... any help appreciated

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

most likely it's a graphics driver related problem. Try the latest ATi Drivers, or maybe the modded Omega ATi drivers.

for proper driver installation, get Driver Cleaner Pro, uninstall the driers from add/remove programs, boot to safe mode--run driver cleaner, reboot and install new drivers.

3. Olley

Olley Sergeant

i agree! update ur drivers and the game.
    but one thread on this should be enough

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds