Graphics Display Probs!! Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djeep, Nov 1, 2004.

1. djeep

djeep Private E-2

I'm trying to upgrade an old computer and I'm trying to use another graphics display card, but the primary display card (the one built in to the system) is conflicting with the other. The primary display adapter built-in is called, "Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)", and the new graphics card Is called, "Diamond Speedstar Pro (Cirrus Logic)". I've been to the Device Manager many times and I've downloaded all the drivers for both and installed them, but I keep getting the same error message; "This display adapter is functioning correctly. (Code 23). The problem is with the main display adapter, and then this display adapter will work."

Do I need to make the Cirrus the main display adapter? If so, how do I do it? If I need to do something else that someone can think of, I will try that.

PLEEZ, Pleez, can anyone help me???

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

In bios you may have option to disable onboard graphics and or enable PCI graphics.
    and or In device manager disable onboard graphics.
    If you have drivers, for both graphics, installed, could cause conflict.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds