Graphics Driver not installing/recognizing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zantuk, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Zantuk

Zantuk Private E-2

Hello, just a quick question.

A few days ago i re-installed Windows XP because of general slowness blah blah, i choose to install XP over the exisiting Windows XP so I wouldn't lose my music files etc. Everythings all working fine 'cept one thing - My Geforce FX 5200 hasn't been recongized, it doesn't come up on the System/Device Manager list. I checked DXDIAG and it has no D3D or OpenGL Support and is currently using the default Windows driver - vga.dll. I have tried to install the drivers from my nVidia CD but still doesn't work, i also d/l'ed the latest drivers off nvidia.com... still doesn't work. Nothing comes up under "Display Adapters" in Device Manager, nor does the Add New Hardware Wizard pop up... can somebody please help me?

Thanks, Bryce

Attached Files:

2. Dicko

Dicko Private E-2

Gday! I cant help you because i have the same problem. I did a complete reinstal of xp and everything has worked well, service pack 2, all the drivers loaded except the graphics. I have an Nvidia GeForce Go5700 and i have dloaded drivers from website and installed them but they just wont actually work. The only thing different from you is i do get the device recognised in device manager but with the yellow ? I have tried reinstalling from device manager and updating from there also, no joy!
    Can someone please help?! :rolleyes:

3. Zantuk

Zantuk Private E-2

Hmm... what if I pulled my gfx card out and put it back in again? Would that make 'im recognize the bugger of a graphics card?

4. Zantuk

Zantuk Private E-2

With the yellow? Do you mean that Windows reckons there is an error with your card?

5. Dicko

Dicko Private E-2

Yep! It says it there and there is a problem but wont update even when i direct it to the exact folder!

6. Dicko

Dicko Private E-2

I was just reading about someone with an audio driver problem and someone suggested they remove the device from device manager and reboot. so maybe if u take it out and reinstal it like you said, it might recognise it.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Zantuk & Dicko have both of you installed your respective Chipset/Motherboard drivers? ( these drivers aid other drivers like graphic,usb etc to be recoginesed easily )

Either goto your computer manufactures site if you have a pre-built PC eg. DELL, HP etc or if you know the manufacturer of your motherboard go to their site and search for your model and version of motherboard to find correct chipset and other drivers.

@Dicko ~ as you have a laptop graphic card ( "Go" signifies mobile graphics ) the drivers from Nvidia's site will not be of use to you, you will have to goto your laptops makers site and find theirs. http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13953.html

8. Dicko

Dicko Private E-2

Halo! Thanks heaps!Was going mad, spent hours on this today.... will try this asap! Did not know there was a difference with laptop drivers...

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No probs Dicko, if you need further help in finding the correct ones, let me know and I will try and help as much as possible, but supply as much info as possible to make, model and version of laptop.

10. Zantuk

Zantuk Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds