Graphics Error.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thiart, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Thiart

Thiart Private E-2

Good Morning Everyone.

1st, my pc specs:
    Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5Ghz Overclocked to (8 x 4.7GHz)
    ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 LGA 1155 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Motherboard
    Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 2000Mhz High Performance RAM
    PCI-E Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 580 3GB 384bit DDR5 DX11 Graphics Card

all this running on windows 10.

Now my problem is hard to explain and easier to show. attach please find vid of problem

Anyone that maybe can help me resolve this.

Its doesnt happen every time i play a game, but once it starts it does not go away till a restart. if i alt-tab out of the game and go bakc in, it will work fine for a couple of minutes then do it again.

Thanks

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Welcome to Majorgeeks - have you checked that you have the latest drivers for NVIDIA GTX 580? You can do that in Device Manager or on the Nvidia website for that card. Also is DirectX 11 up to date?

3. Thiart

Thiart Private E-2

Hi Max.

Yes, should have mentioned that in the original post.

All drivers are up to date, i double and triple checked that. I uninstalled everything relating to the screen card, reinstalled using normal methods, got same issue. Uninstalled everything again, installed everything using the Nvidia "app", same problem.

Just to also mention. the screen card does not over heat, never seen it go above 80

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Check carefully first in Settings > Update & Security > UPDATE HISTORY and see if a WU installed graphic driver update shows there and the date.

6. Thiart

Thiart Private E-2

I've formatted everything and gone with a clean install.

Will check and see if its more stable now

Thanks

7. Thiart

Thiart Private E-2

should i still try and stop windows from updating the drivers?

and how can i be sure that the driver installed is one from the manufacturer and not one from the windows update?

thanks

8. mdonah

Yes.

If you stop Windows from updating drivers first, it will no longer overwrite the manufacturer's driver you install.

9. Thiart

Thiart Private E-2

thanks, but is there a way for me to check the current installed driver, if its the manufacturer or windows driver?

10. mdonah

Yes. In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter by double clicking on it. Then right click on what shows below that header and select Properties. Click on the Drfiver tab at the top and the driver provider should show on the top line.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds