Graphics getting messed up while playing Guild Wars..

Discussion in 'Software' started by GMXMan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. GMXMan

GMXMan Private E-2

So I've been playing Guild Wars fine for two weeks or so..

Now a few days ago, I was just playing and the graphics on my screen went totally nuts.. all messed up and glitched, had to reboot.

Then it stayed that way on my comp.. had to reboot until it worked, then downloaded new drivers, and it fixed it.

Now today, it happened again. Downloaded new drivers again but it didn't fix it. Then my comp reboot and it just isn't good..

My comp can handle Guild Wars fine, so that's not the problem..

Not sure what to do, any ideas?

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

are you overclocking at all? guild wars doesnt run well with overclocked video cards, lots of artifacts and glitches

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Turn off automatic restart. My Computer > Properties, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery Settings. Under System Failure, uncheck automatically restart.

Then, go back into Gwars and see if you can make it error out. Post the full error, verbtaim.

4. GMXMan

GMXMan Private E-2

Not overclocking, I don't think.. Not that I know of.

And the comp reboot only happened once or twice.. When it happens I have to reset my comp, because I can't do anything else. The whole screen is just a mess of colors and I can't do anything at that point.

5. GMXMan

GMXMan Private E-2

It's not even just Guild Wars now.. just randomly happening when I'm on the PC.

My monitor also shuts itself off sometimes when it happens.. gives the No Input Signal thing..

This really sucks.. anyone have any ideas?

6. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

To me, it sounds like your video card is overheating, or is becoming defective. Try upgrading the cooling fan/heatsink on the card.

7. GMXMan

GMXMan Private E-2

I honestly don't think it's the vid card.. It's not that old (about a year) and it ran WoW fine in the summer.

The graphics in GW aren't all that insane that they're gonna overload my card, especially in the winter when it's cold out.

8. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

yea, i can max out gw with a geforce 5200 and 512 RAM, i doubt its your vid card overheating.

9. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

No, it normally will not overheat a card that is working properly. However, this is showing the signs of a video card that is failing.

Remove and reseat the card.
    Make sure all the dust is out of the heat sinks.
    Make sure you have good air flow.
    Check to make sure the heat sinks are mounted properly and the fan is working.
    Visually inspect the card for any possible damage.

Just my advice, take it or leave it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds