Graphics programs cause driver to crash nvidea Geforce 285

Discussion in 'Software' started by jtinker, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jtinker

jtinker Private E-2

Just got my new 285 and programs like photoshop and cinema 4d cause the graphics driver to crash. In ps when i use the marquee tool the screen jumps a but then goes black freezes for a bit then resets. In cinema 4d it does the same thing and when i open it back up the 3d view wont refresh itself. I can run games and watch movies/video just fine. Its just with these two programs. Anyone got an idea on what it could be. Ive updated and rolled back every driver nvidea has for the card and still nothing. Im running vista ultimate 64 and driver version is 8.1

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is your Vista fully upto date, with patches and hotfixes?

Are the applications you are using retail and fully upto date?

What version Nvidia driver was latest you used? if not the 195.62 then try that http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_winvista_64bit_195.62_whql_uk.html

Also disable using msconfig all your startups and see if you have the same issue, could be another application causing this.

Check Device Manager and do you have any yellow ! marks? if so by what?

3. jtinker

jtinker Private E-2

Vista Ultimate Build 6.0
    Applications are retail and up to date.
    driver: 8.16.0011.9107
    Tried the new driver didnt work

Ill try turning off allstartups and reporting back.
    Device manager is fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds