Great Deal

Discussion in 'Software' started by AtlBo, Sep 6, 2016.

1. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Anyone with an older P4 or dual core PC with motherboard graphics, I found a deal on brand new Radeon HD 4550 graphics cards for $8.00 delivered. I think that's here in the U.S. unfortunately, but this is the right card for those machines. I know this isn't the right forum, but I am posting here for the benefit you guys who frequent this forum (and anyone else) with an older PC such as a few of the ones I have here. It needs a DVI->VGA or HDMI->VGA adapter to be used VGA, but can't beat the price for a new card. It also has a tower bracket, so it's not for small form factor PCs. Looks like the bracket can be changed out, though.

I have a 4350 in a dual core that I put in it when I got an r7 240 for the PC that had that card, and that made a ton of difference. That's why I decided to post this here. BTW, card only uses 20w max in case anyone is worried about power issues...

Here's the listing title:

NEW ATI Radeon HD 4550 512MB PCIe Display Port DVI Graphics Card Dell 3Y14F

Just got one of these today, and I plan to drop it in an older dual core W7 PC, to use for testing various things. Got it in a HP 6200 with an i5 and motherboard graphics for now, and it's for sure better now that I added the AMD site driver...

DavidGP likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds