Great FREE CD burning app.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I was going through one of my external hard drives and cleaning out some old downloads and just making space, when I came across this little CD burning app: Small CD Writer (aka SCDWriter). It's a stand alone program meaning that it doesn't require installation, it supports drag-n-drop, it will create and burn ISO images, and I think it will burn DVDs too (I'm not sure though, I haven't tried it with DVDs yet). I've been using this for the past 2 days to make quick data back ups. I just minimize it to the task bar and browse through my files and folders; when I find stuff that needs burning, I maximize SCD, drag the stuff and drop it, click 'Record' and whether this is a new or continued session, and that's it!!! So easy and fast for data back up that it's not even funny! This isn't the newest version of SCDWriter available; newer releases are out there but appear to be in Russian only. I have no idea where I downloaded this English version... if I knew, I would have just posted a link instead of uploading the actual file. Anyway- it's attached as a zip file below. Feel free to leave comments or whatever.
    ENJOY!!!!

[dlb]
    :major

(So far, I haven't had any problems with this not supporting newer drives and I've used it on about 4 or 5 different PCs in the past 2 days without issues, but I suppose it's possible that some of the newer drives won't work with it...)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Surprisingly small file size... worth a shot. Thanks!

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I really like this SCDwriter!! I've since tried it with several different new DVDRW drives (Samsung and LG and LiteON) and have had no problems. It burns and erases nice and fast. It's totally a 'no frills' application, but for fast and easy data burning chores, SCDwriter is excellent. And at only 310kb, you can't go wrong!!!
    :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds