Green key lockout in Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Software' started by tommyellis, Jul 19, 2008.

1. tommyellis

tommyellis Private E-2

Good Morning!
    I bought an old Panasonic Toughbook CF-27 from Bob Johnson in Smyrna, Delaware - and there is a problem.
    When I turn on the computer, a Panasonic screen shows. Then, all by itself, the next screen is a green key, with 6 bars below it.
    I can make the bars disappear, but they are replaced by green dots, and then the computer shuts down.
    I sent it back to Bob Johnson, but a woman at that business tells me that she must replace some board that will cost me $45.00
    Is there any other remedy for this green key shutdown?
    Thanks
    Tommy Ellis, Liberty, Kentucky

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

This sounds fishy. First the charge you for a computer. Then they demand an additional 45 bugs in order to let you use it. At best this is a misunderstanding. Call the store again and ask to speak to someone else. That woman could be misinformed.

Also write down the text message form the screen and put it in here. All the text.

3. tommyellis

tommyellis Private E-2

Bob Johnsons's Computer Stuff, located in Smyrna Delaware has the computer right now, so I will have to pull this from memory.
    The First Screen Says only "Panasonic"
    The second screen has only the green key with 6 bars below it. I can make the cars go away by pressing the number "1", but each bar is replaced with a green dot.
    When I have done this, the computer turns off.
    The computer wil restart easily, but will do the exact same thing.

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

You wouldn't be able to take a picture of that screen? I guess that a screenshot is not possible but perhaps some other camera or mobile phone could do it? Would be interesting to see what it is...

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Is the warranty still running? The product comes with a 3-year warranty, the Panasonic.com homepage says. And a 24-hour technical support hotline. The product should be registered as legally belonging to your? I take it?

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Private E-2

In regards to this Panasonic Toughbook CF-27 and the password on the systemboard and/or Hard Drive. We never install a password on any equipment that we resell. We have no way of knowing how the password was added to the CMOS. All Tech notes on this particular unit shows that the day it shipped to Mr. Ellis the unit worked well.

As with any equipment that we sell there is a full warranty. As well as a full refund if requested by the customer. Which in this case we will issue a full refund to Mr. Ellis with our apologies.

Bob Johnson
    Bob Johnson's Computer Stuff Inc.
    www.bobjohnson.com

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Thank you for the information, Mr. Johnson.

9. tommyellis

tommyellis Private E-2

What can I say? All of you all have been so very good! Thank you so much.
    Tommy Ellis Liberty, Kentucky

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds