Group Policy Editor for XP Sp2

Discussion in 'Software' started by fmtony, Jul 15, 2005.

1. fmtony

fmtony Private E-2

I am running Windows XP home with Service Pack 2

I recently found out about gpedit.msc, but can't find it. I looked further to discover that it is a snap-in I may need to install. The snap-in is not available in the MMC.

I tried downloading the only version I could find on microsoft.com but I get an error when I try to install saying that this snap-in is not compatible with XP home.

Anyone know where I can find, download, install this snap in? Or did they take it out with the SP2 upgrade?

And to think this all started because I found out I can finally change that irritating banner my former ISP put on IExplorer...using the local group policy editor. (by the way if there is another way..let me know that too...lol).

Thank you for the help

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

4. fmtony

fmtony Private E-2

Thank you both!!! Its Done!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds