GTA: Vice City PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by Max Powerz, May 15, 2003.

1. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Anyone have it yet? Is it out? I was looking at the requirements and there much higher then the 1st game. Is this because it really needs a better system or was it since even on the reccomended system for the first game it ran slow?

2. |Robot|Bender

|Robot|Bender Private E-2

I got it and have been playing it a lot.

Here is a few reasons why it has higher requirements.

There are more variables for the peeps to do (read : citizens).

I have seen carjackings, fights between cops and peeps, lots of crazy drivers...all randomized.

Also, the graphics are MUCH sharper, and reflections such as rain / ponds are also pretty tight.

The redraw distance has been increased as well so you can't even really tell its being drawn as you go.

Also, there is support for higher res / and the music is of course ogg or mp3 "radio stations" that seem to take up a little bit more resources (they are real songs instead of made up jingles)

So far, thats all i can see. Of course i just got it...

3. dalic

dalic Private E-2

there have also been added features like shooting tires and windows, which will demand more of your system, also the world is bigger, for more processing :)

4. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Ok, I think I'm gonna get it, after my next upgrade. What is your system and how well does it run at what options?

5. Evc31680

Evc31680 Lou Ten-Ten

I have it and run at 1024x768x32 bit.

IT runs quite well and I have folding@home running while playing, game runs smooth 60fps for the most part, with some slowdowns here and there.

Im running:

XP 2200+
    Ti4400
    nForce2 w/512MB PC3000

6. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Sounds good, I think I need a new CPU first tho. GTA3 runs about 25 average at max res with draw distance at half (min15, max40).

7. Todd

Todd oddity

vice city sucked for ps2 so therefore it will suck for pc

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That would be your opinion.

I find it quite a bit of fun, but not so addicting that I go back to my geek like ways and ignore the real world.

Now Postal 2, that blows. Its only fun for about 5 minutes, and then its bleh. Wizzing on people and torching them is only good for a couple laughs.

9. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

WHat are you talking about? Vice CIty on PS2 rocks! And I'm sure PC will be even better!

10. |Robot|Bender

|Robot|Bender Private E-2

Vice City is teh shizz....

Don't be hatin..

11. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

running on an AthlonXP 2000+ @ 2400, Ti4400, 512MB RAM on MSI KT3 Ultra2, no slowdowns, everything on max, 1024*768, load times are almost not noticeable.

12. acejones

acejones A Different Title

I played GTA III AND Vice City all weekend long (ps2). I love it!

13. Nailer235

Nailer235 Private E-2

I have hte PC version...

Anyone know how to get the seaplane to take off?

it ried accelerating then using keypad 9 (similar to helicopter) but no luck. I also looked at the keyboard config but no luck either..

14. headshot0

headshot0 Private E-2

vice city is fairly good,but i find myself losing interest after about a 1/2 hour and need to do something else.....WAY better than Postal 2 no arguement there!! By the way fleppen,Camelot is spelled with a C, not a K...............
    ...........I think therefore............................................................

15. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

www.kamelot.com

it's an Epic/Powermetal band, don't think :)

16. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

IIRC, it is the same as your "lean back" or "wheelie" key is.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds