Gtx 760 Screen Tearing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newmy51, May 14, 2016.

1. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 CrossFireX DVI/HDMI mATX
    Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
    G.Skill Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
    GeForce GTX 760 (4GB 256-bit GDDR5)
    SanDisk Extreme II 240 GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD
    HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD
    Pioneer BDR-209DBK 16x Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Writer
    Win7Pro x64 SP1

Dell U2713HM hooked up to the GTX 760 by DVI cable (dual link). Screen tearing with any kind of moving image, particularly video, though even when scrolling in browsers or office software. None of the VSync options in the Nvidia Control Panel ('On', 'Adaptive', etc.) make any difference. Am using GeForce Game Ready Driver 361.75. Have read elsewhere solutions calling for deleting this driver and replacing it with a bare-bones Nvidia one, but I can't find that anywhere on the Nvidia site.

Current Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings attached.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I would recommend on checking your refresh rates make sure it is set to 60 not higher or any lower.And check to see if your screen resolution is set to the correct size.

Hope this helps.

If this does not fix this issue there must be some thing else going on.

3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I for got to ad.

Make sure you reset all of your current video settings to default.Do this first be for you adjust the refresh rate.

4. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

installed the latest driver for my monitor and went to look at refresh rates. i only have 59 and 60 Hz, and anytime I set it to 60 it always reverts automatically back to 59. no idea how to fix this, but it's frustrating as hell.

5. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

two years later, same problem. i get used to it, and then i start noticing it again, and it drives me crazy. have tried every one of the VSync options to absolutely no effect.

6. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Can you try another monitor?
    How about just a different cable?

7. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

i don't have either. :(

8. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Off to other things to try then.
    Are you dead certain your CPU video is not what you are looking at? Sometimes getting the video output off the CPU and from the card and is difficult.
    Next get all your monitor specs so you can try:
    Change your resolution? Try available FPS rates? Set a custom refresh rate? Try these all over the place.

9. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

Integrated video comes off the motherboard. I'm plugged directly into the card. Reset all settings back to default in NVIDIA Control Panel. Only refresh rate I can choose in that software is 60Hz, or 59Hz and 60Hz in Windows' monitor settings, but as mentioned in an earlier comment, it always defaults back to 59Hz. It's an inexpensive IPS display designed for color-critical applications, not gaming, so latency is poor and framerate options are limited.

EDIT: I guess there's this:

[​IMG]

but there's a warning about damaging equipment and voiding warranties that comes up in order to get here...

10. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

any other ideas?

11. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

Coming back to this old thread for the same problem which I could never solve. This time I have used every possible cable and port combination on both the GPU and mobo's own internal graphics, all on a brand new monitor. I tested for the presence/absence/type of tearing with the Response Time section of the Eizo Monitor Test.

Here are the results:

GPU: (HDMI, DVI-D, DVI-I) all equal. Screen tearing no matter the settings, port or cord, even with resource intensive background processes halted, even with vsync set to adaptive, even with triple buffering enabled. Nothing has worked so far. Nothing.

Onboard Graphics: (HDMI, VGA, DVI-D) all equal. Images don't really tear on the onboard graphics, it's more like they redraw. Turning off my backup software (CrashPlan) solves the problem, and is the only way I can get this machine to be screen tearing-free.

I am not content to just use the onboard graphics and call it good. I bought a GPU for it to work and work well. I use it for GPU acceleration in Adobe software primarily, with light gaming being a distant second. I learned to live with the problem for years but I'm finally sick and tired of it. There is a used GTX 760 for sale at a reliable electronics refurbisher/reseller down the street from me, which I may buy to compare against my own, unless there are more non-hardware things for me to try. Really hoping I can get some feedback here within the next few days, as I'm packing things up for an out of state move and won't be able to troubleshoot this again for a while.

Finally, here's a video I shot of the screen tearing in action. A screengrab using ShareX does not record the effect, so I filmed my screen with my phone.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

-newmy51

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds