Guadalinex EDU (Andalucia schools), is it dead?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mannshands, May 13, 2013.

1. mannshands

mannshands Private First Class

Hi,
    First, I am not a heavy Linux user, so keep it simple. My cousin went to school in Spain. The school provided netbooks that grads can keep. He is unable to get Synaptic updates anymore. I don't yet have it in hand or I'd try sudo apt-get in Konsole. That much I can do. The manufacturer is a company I never heard of, ORCA, and it runs a Guadalinex.EDU OpSys. Info online and at their forums seems to stop in Nov 2011. Can someone tell me if this distro is dead, can it be upgraded to the latest Ubuntu without a full reinstall, and what is the default admin password (it's not toor)as it is required to uninstall anything manually? If I have to format and reinstall a current ubuntu, where is the folder for all the drivers that this off-brand unit is gonna need to work properly. If they are discontinued I don't want to lose them! And will they even work with a new Ubuntu install?

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

It seems your Guadalinex isn't quite dead yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds