Guestbook issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Teapot, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Teapot

Teapot Private E-2

I know it's not really software, but I don't know where else to post this.

My measly little Advanced Guestbook 2.2 got hacked (http://www.white-wahpah.net/book). Is there anyway I can save it and the entries? I can still get into the "control panel" but I have no clue what to do.

And, if you can't help me, but could direct me somewhere that I could be helped, it'd be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

These people suck. They didnt hack it, they just made a post with a rather large div in it. just delete the comment with the id 162.

Its a bit of a sucky guestbook if it allows HTML code injection, especially of <div>'s. I could probably patch it up for you.

Goodness me... I just googled it... I've seen more hacked Advanced Guestbook 2.2's than I've seen secure ones! That doesn't say much for the software now does it!

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Man, seriously, get a new guestbook.

That one has more security holes that an piece of swiss cheese.

I'll see if I can patch the code up... for the good of the world.

4. Teapot

Teapot Private E-2

You are officially my hero.

Thank you so much!!!

If you know of any good guestbooks, please let me know. Again, thank you!

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds