Guidance with DVD software required

Discussion in 'Software' started by fredelliot, Sep 26, 2006.

1. fredelliot

fredelliot Private E-2

ok heres the deal ive got a pretty full hard drive and i want to put a load of my movies etc onto DVDs, they are in all kinds of formats. Whats the best and easiest software there is for creating DVDs from various types of format ?

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I'd have to say Nero is my favourite for data DVDs. Very simple interface, just create a data dvd project, drop your files in the destination box, and click burn. Seems to be the most reliable software, with the least bloat. Roxio does a comparable job, but is much more of a resource hog. A trial version should be enough to get your system backed up.

3. fredelliot

fredelliot Private E-2

great stuff, i already have nero... i just didnt know how to use it

4. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

for any .AVI file, i use WinAVI to convert it into KVCD (.mpg) and then I use Nero to burn the .mpg as VideoCD (VCD)

5. fredelliot

fredelliot Private E-2

its taking over 3 hours to burn a dvd with 2 hours of video on it , is that right ? is there a quicker way to do it ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds