GX620 won't boot - at all

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brentitude, Oct 11, 2009.

1. brentitude

brentitude Private E-2

I have a Dell GX620 MT that I bought refurbished (I know, second mistake after buying a Dell--it was cheap, what can I say?). It was working fine until one day last week when I tried to start it up and it wouldn't. At first, I got the Dell screen with the progress bar, which was frozen at about 10%, then after that, attempts to reboot produced only a blank screen, with a little box in the upper left corner of the monitor switching between "Analog" and "Digital", like it couldn't figure out what kind of monitor was attached.

I figured it was likely a problem caused by the onboard video controller. I tried installing another video card, but no luck.

The power light is a steady amber (and so is the Aux Pwr light in the inside of the case), and I can hear the fan when it's turned on, so I'm assuming it's not the power supply itself, but if anyone knows differently or has any advice, I'm all ears.

TIA

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds