H/w Monitor Status Abnormal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CaptainB, Dec 9, 2015.

1. CaptainB

CaptainB Private E-2

I did do some research here but not all the issues were the same as mine. HD, mo board are a few years old, not very maybe 3 or 4 years. Its an alien ware and has liquid cooled processor. Anyway, I took my pc and blew it out with a air blower to get the dust out and when i restarted I get this error. It works fine, no odors, nothing very hot inside. Did I burn out the power supply? All the fans work fine, I have 2 fans in the case to cool and the rest on the other hardware. I took a pic of the numbers below..Any hints? Is it time to panic and back everything up again? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

128°C... I'm surpriesd nothing has started melting.

If the power supply was burned out, nothing would work.
    You need to have a look at the CPU's liquid cooling.
    The BIOS shows only 1 chassis fan - check if both are working.

There's no harm in backing up everything.

What are you trying to tell us with the second screenshot?

3. CaptainB

CaptainB Private E-2

The second screen shot was processor info and ram, the intro to the site told us to give pc info, anyway, I'll check the processor fan, I dont keep it on for long periods so its probably not having time to burn up yet..LOL.. I did touch the processor fins and they are warm. I was able to feel the fan running. Im not sure how many fans there are. Its hard to see with all the crap covering it. Not really sure where to go from here but I'll do what you suggested.. I can take a pic of the processor if that helps but Im sure you wont need it... I appreciate all your help..
    Marty

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I suspect there's something wrong with the thermal sensors of the CPU and motherboard. Those 2 temperatures are almost never the same. And never that high.

Have a look here for a better understanding of CPU temperatures.
    http://www.buildcomputers.net/cpu-temperature.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds