Hacking through itunes shared music

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kurokage, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Kurokage

Kurokage Private E-2

Is it possible to hack through itunes shared music? Like, say I connect to someone's computer on my server to listen to their music? Can I be hacked by that person?

2. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

This is not the place to be asking how to hack someone. Your post is gonna get locked.

3. Kurokage

Kurokage Private E-2

I don't want to know HOW, I want to know if it can be done to me.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Anything is possible. Don't share music to those you don't trust. Sharing across the net afaik isn't legal.

5. Kurokage

Kurokage Private E-2

Thats not exactly what I meant. First of all, this kind of sharing is legal, because it is A) supported by iTunes, and B) you don't get to keep the file, you just get to listen to it. Does anyone know if you could be potentially hacked by doing this? Someone has to know what I'm talking about.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

We know what you are talking about. Anyone connected your PC has the potential ability to hack you.

Of course, I just said this twice ;)

7. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

I'd have to say you're more vunerable if you are connected to a hacker. There also could be an exploit that hasn't been fixed that a hacker can use to gain access to your computer. You better have a damn good firewall if that ever happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds