Hackintosh turned Win7Pro still lags...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newmy51, Jul 5, 2015.

1. newmy51

newmy51 Private E-2

-Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 CrossFireX DVI/HDMI mATX
    -Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
    -16GB (2x8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance LP SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    -GeForce GTX 760 (4GB 256-bit GDDR5)
    -SanDisk Extreme II 240 GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD
    -HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5-Inch 4TB 7200RPM SATA III 64MB Cache
    -Pioneer BDR-209DBK 16x Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Writer
    -Win7Pro x64 SP1

Belarc Report @ http://i.imgur.com/sJhbBiQ.png [filesize max exceeded for MG]

This thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ith-16gb-ram-and-geforce-gtx760-running-slow/

was the beginning of my last attempt to troubleshoot my mATX Hackintosh build. The crushing lag in the photography applications I need for my work (Zerene Stacker and Lightroom) finally became too great to bear; brushes sputtering their effects in dotted lines as all CPU cores choke on the only open program, whose sysreqs are well, well beneath mine. Assuming, perhaps naively, that the problems were/are related to a crappy OSX install (I am a Hackintosh novice), I have switched it out for Win7Pro.

I have not yet conducted a full test with the aforementioned photo applications, but am already noticing some explorer and browser lag (Firefox 39.0) on this very, very fresh install. Both 250GB SSD (OS) and 4TB HDD (storage) were reformatted for the occasion, both with healthy S.M.A.R.T. statuses. I have so far only installed a few basic, well-vetted programs from authentic sources. I've updated all drivers from the manufacturers' respective websites, at least to the satisfaction of device manager such that no devices are unrecognized (though all audio is inexplicably not working). Got 139 Windows updates, ignoring the optional ones, installed latest Java and Flash, and changed to classic theme. Enabled Firefox add-ons are few (NoScript, AdBlockBlus, MemoryRestart, etc.) and still, with a browser and only a browser open, I get intermittent, seemingly arbitrary cursor and scroll lag, which corresponds to brief CPU spikes in unparked cores as seen in Resource Monitor/Task Manager, while overall CPU usage doesn't (yet) climb above 50%.

So now I come to you, Major Geeks, as my last stop on this almost two-year saga before I start selling my purity to afford some high-end graphic design rig from Apple.

Happy to provide any additional logs, scans, or other info upon request. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-Danny

2. holiday

holiday Private E-2

Looks like you've run through the gamut of obvious possible solutions to the problem. Take a look at your UEFI/BIOS settings, save the current settings (so you can revert if needed) and then reset the BIOS to the default settings. If your UEFI is out of date you might want to update it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds