Had a very bad weekend

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The1God, Oct 18, 2004.

1. The1God

The1God Private First Class

I have been having some problems with me system, so I gop in the system information area and I see my p2.4 is not regestering correctly.... So here is what I tried so far.

I put in a new HD and tried to load a new OS, it will not go. If I use my existing HD + OS, it works fins as long ast the mhz is turned down to 100 mhz as opposed to 133 this makes the processor run at 1.7 not 2.4 which it should. I am hoping it has something to do with the video card. Since I should have my new one in a couple days. (ordered it on Thursday)

Any clue? Suggestions? Is there a way to find out who the manufactuerer of the MB is? There are no markings on it! I can tell you that the bios is American Megatrends. Help me pleeze!

2. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Hi,

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3846.html

Down load pc wizard from the above link and find out what mobo you have and see if you can find a manual.

I don't know why your cpu won't run at its rated speed but I would start troubleshooting by testing the ram with memtest86.

The video card is not the problem. What kind of system is it, try and list your specs like mine.

I really would like info on what psu is in it and what watt

Rick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds