Had severe spyware problem and was fixed, now games won't load!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lch915, Aug 15, 2005.

1. lch915

lch915 Private E-2

Hello, I just had a bad spyware problem on my PC (see link below for my thread)...I followed the steps as directed and it resolved the problems I was having, the only thing now is the games that came installed on my PC will not load...the internet spades, spider solitaire, reg solitaire, etc. The icons next to the names of the games are missing, when I click on the solitaires nothing happens and when I try to open the spades it says "the drive or network connection that the shortcut "Internet Spades.ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, then try again." What happened??? I'd really appreciate anybody's help!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69814

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Do you get that message on everything or just MS games?

3. lch915

lch915 Private E-2

Yes just the ms games

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Right-click on the shortcut select Properties, click-on Find Target.

5. lch915

lch915 Private E-2

The same thing happens, with the spades I get the same error message and the two solitaire games absolutely nothing happens.

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Open Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl-F

Select "Local Hard Drives"

Enter ".lnk" (or whatever the error message reported for the name of the bad shortcut) in the Named field

Click the Find Now button

Windows will search your hard drives for the shortcut and display what it found.

If you see more than one shortcut in the search results, you can probably figure out which one is causing the problem by looking at their properties. Right-click on a shortcut, select Properties from the popup menu, and click the Shortcut tab. The Target field shows you what file or program the shortcut points to. If the target's path refers to a drive that isn't connected to your system, you've found the culprit and can safely delete it.

7. lch915

lch915 Private E-2

I followed your steps but the search came up with nothing, I could only search for the problem with the internet spades because the solitaire games don't give me an error message. Also when I look in my programs menu, none of my games are listed there anymore, only the shortcuts remain.

8. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Then the shortcuts were deleted.

Unzip MSGamesLnk.ZIP to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Games

9. lch915

lch915 Private E-2

How do I go about finding that? I'm sorry but I really know nothing about computers at all! Thanks for your help!

10. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Did you click on the Link in my post and download the file?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds