Half-Life 2 or Doom 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Snuffles, Jul 17, 2004.

?

Which upcomming FPS game are you looking forward to most?

1. Half-Life 2

43.3%
  2. Doom 3

40.0%
  3. Battlefield 2

6.7%
  4. F.E.A.R.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. All of those are gonna pale in comparison to... (Explain in post)

10.0%
  1. Snuffles

Snuffles Private First Class

I am curious. Which game is everyone out there looking forward to more, Half-Life 2 or Doom3? Also, anyone got a different FPS that you are sure is gonna blow these two out of the water like F.E.A.R. or Battlefield 2? Lets have a chat about what is going to be the king of the upcomming FPS heap.

2. Snuffles

Snuffles Private First Class

Alright, now as much as I love Battlefield, Half-Life 2 is bringing more to the table, although I can't wait for the new commander feature for online play.

3. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I just bought a new xbox so I have been lookin into buying new games for that and this game is also going to be available on PC so I'm gonna go with Halo 2. It looks amazing, vehicle damage, tons of levels, insane graphics, and the ability to wield to weapons to use at the same time. Those are just a few of the things its gonna have.

4. Melo~D

Melo~D Private E-2

I think the best pc game coming will have to be Doom3. Granted the others to have good graphics and great story line I'm will stay strong with Doom3.

5. JonJonMcKay

JonJonMcKay Private E-2

The screen shots for Half Life 2 look amazing, I really can not wait for this game to be released.

6. rancid milk

rancid milk Private E-2

I'll vote for doom 3 on this one. I'm really looking forward to HL2 as well though. They're gonna be fun in defferent ways... Doom 3 looks gorgeous and scarier than most games that I've played and HL2 is looks sweet with the realistic physics. I'm getting tired of waiting for HL2 though.

7. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

played HL2 Alpha, looks ****ing gorgeous, better than all the movies I've seen from Doom3, so HL2 it is, even though I dislike FPS games.

8. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

where did you play the HL2 Alpha?

9. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

at a LAN party, mind you, it was the version that had been stolen, so the AI didn't work yet and a lot of the textures were missing as you progressed through the game and it lagged even on the best computer that was in tha house (A64 3400+ S-ATA raid w/ 10k rpm hd's 1GB ram and an X800XT Platinum Ed), but it was playable.
    killing eachother with watermelons pwnz :cool:

10. munky4745

munky4745 Private First Class

I'm with Hl2 Since Doom 3 came to become a disappoint especailly in the multiplayer section in the game.

11. rockerz

rockerz Private First Class

Pass me the F.E.A.R homepage

12. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

doom has amazing graphics and is scary as all hell :eek:
    ... but lacks severly in multiplayer, including a horrible server browser and IMO lame gameplay as of yet (though the fact that you can realistically hide in shadows is GREAT).

Halflife 2 should be amazing. the Source engine is quite a bit more interactive than the Doom 3 engine, and looks as good--if not better.

to make it simple.... Hl2, because CS:Source begins beta-testing in a few weeks and who's not gonna love that??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds