half life 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by bern, May 7, 2004.

1. bern

bern Sergeant

is there any offical release date for halflife 2. also i bought a new graphics card and it came with halflife 2 but it was a voucher for the game . what are the actual chances that they will send it? :rolleyes:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

1: No, late summer is latest word.
    2: You will get it , probably 8 weeks after everyone else.

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

they dont send it.....you got to d/l it like everyone eles that has that voucher

4. bern

bern Sergeant

i surely hope that it will be the full wersion

5. tentpeg

tentpeg Private E-2

Should be the full version but there is a rumour that you may have to pay to play on the net since it runs through Steam.
    Problem with the voucher scheme is I thought I was getting the best card to play the game on. Now going to be at least 2 generations of card behind the bleeding edge!!! :rolleyes:

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Don't worry bern, you will get your copy of Half-Life 2. There are 2 ways you can get it. You can have them mail it to you as MA said (just 6-8 weeks after the release date) or you can download it. And, it will be the full version. Or, if you have a friend who is getting the game, you may be able to install with his copy and use your cd-key. I'm gonna try and do that.

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Right now its like the hardware is coming out quicker than the games to run on it. we're 2 gens now past games that havnt even been released yet !!

Another reason why im not upgrading my video card just yet. i can play current gen games with my card... and im happy. when HL 2 comes out, if i actually wanna play it, then ill upgrade to the then top of the range (or next down at least) card... which will keep me going for a good while.

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Let me rephrase that... as im not allowed to edit that post any more... :rolleyes:

If you think about it, how long ago was the 9800pro released? nearly a year ago now i think. HL2 was still very much in production when it came out, and the promotion was that you get HL2 when you get the card, because the game would run perfectly on that card. Right now with the release of the latest nvidia cards and ati cards, and HL2 still not out yet, theres nothing to PLAY on the newest cards.... which so completley doesnt justify buying it.. if you ask me.

9. bern

bern Sergeant

i agree with you but i needed a card urgently and got ati 9600 beliving that half 2 was going to be released soon but according to E3 it will probably be released at the end of the year now

10. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Yeah I'm not saying it wasnt worth it... 9600 is a great card all round and its certainly no disadvantage having one... but the fact the software side of things is out of synch with the hardware side of things that i didnt feel the need to upgrade at this time.

11. Tater

Tater Tot

I check EB yesterday and they said 10-19-04.

12. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

i worked for EB and one thing you DONT do is base your information based on EB

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds