Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by koppinjo, Nov 21, 2004.

1. koppinjo

koppinjo Private E-2

In my opinion, this was one of, if not the BEST game I've ever played in my life. The storyline, the gameplay, the action, music, I could go on forever. The graphics have parts where they are INCREDIBLE, and some where they are not, which I like because it shows that they have the capability to use stunning graphics, but don't over-use it. Over-all very effective in the graphics area. Also, I beat it tonight, and I want to play it again...yes, it's that good. I pre-loaded it via STEAM only because I have a high-speed internet connection at school, and at some times it was downloading at 1.8Mb/s!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME! There is so much variety in the game, so I never got bored, and the levels are interesting and make you think like you're really there (because the physics are so realistic...spot-on!!).

My only complaint is that *possible spoiler* when you have the vehicle/s, it seemed to me that those times were too long. Yeah, you get out of them to raise an obstacle, but then you do the same thing. Other than that, Valve has done the BEST job of creating the most valueable game ever.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Love it and have sold many copies for Valve. It is incredible, its nice to see a game finally be everything promised. I like the vehicle missions because often times vehicle missions are simply get in and drive fast and shoot. Valve made the vehicle missions require getting out and working an area to continue. I thought that was a great idea too :)

3. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

game of the year!

4. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

game of the decade.

5. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

thats cool with the vehicles. thats why i like halo a lot. is because you always just plow through levels in like 10 minutes. it takes time, and you have to get out and complete certain things. i think christmas this year is going to be a very big day for video games.

6. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

very happy with it, however I'm not yet convinced the single player can compete with FarCry. Though FarCry was short, I felt I could get a lot more into the game.

no final judgement until i beat HL2, of course ;)

7. xxchristianxx

xxchristianxx Private E-2

I ordered off of Steam and havent recieved the game yet.. unless it just loads it onto Steam which is BS :mad:

8. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

you'd be correct, just go to "play games" and halflife 2 should be in your game list. Double click it, and this is the part where you pray your broadband is up to par today... just download the roughly 3GB game and it will play.

9. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

i actually see connecting to steam and always having the game avail no matter what computer i play it on is a plus; instead of having a ton of cds floatin around n getting scratched

10. Thead

Thead Leave It To BeaVAR!

11. SportsNut

SportsNut Corporal

For me the "airboat" was way too long.........but even with that, it's still the best game I've played.

But having an awful time with the ending....at least I think it's the ending.........it's a time thing and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Can't find a walkthrough that talks about it.

12. The_Geek

The_Geek Private E-2

I think the developers spent too much time working on the game and got to the end and discovered they were out of time and just threw something together. I thought the game was awesome right up to the ending which was a major disappointment. :mad:

13. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

That seems to happen a lot these days :(

14. eliphaz

eliphaz Private E-2

I missed the airboat and walked all the way up to the canal series. Got pinned down by a chopper and after 2 hours gave up and found a walk through. Took 10 minutes to do what took hours on foot.

WALKTHROUGH:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds