Half-life problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by kwyjibo, Feb 20, 2003.

1. kwyjibo

kwyjibo Private E-2

I'm running the latest version of Half-life, and I'm running into problems. When I play, the textures seem a little more grainy than they should be. The sound is cracking a bit. Worst of all, if I look up at the sky, the horizan "bleeds" into the sky, and my computer starts lagging badly.

I've tried running HL in Windows 98 Compatability mode, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Specs:
    Vaio
    P4 1.8 Ghz
    512 MB SDRAM
    Geforce 4 Ti 4400

I've got all the latest drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I had the EXACT same pc until a month ago and never had that problem. The first question is are you running it in OpenGL or Direct 3D? You want OpenGL whenever possible. Check all your settings to be sure they are cranked up. I ran it with DirectX9 fine too. Also, for GeForce drivers, got the latest drivers from Nvidia, http://www.nvidia.com ? Always run the reference drivers, they are awesome and first updated.

Beyond that, you might need to find a Half Life site and check forums or FAQs for people having a similar issue.

3. rimsClassikz

rimsClassikz Private E-2

i had a prob that was something like that.... i changed my vid card and it was fixed. Maybe your using software mode and you just dont know it. and your at a real low resolution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds