Half lofe 2 demo freezing

Discussion in 'Software' started by splitt3r, Jan 7, 2006.

1. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

My Hl2 demo froze up for some reason, it was on level 6, where the zombie is being electrocuted. The only thing I have overclocked is my gpu 570/1100

lol, I screwed up the title, guess I can't edit that.

2. splitt3r

I just added my specs to my signature

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

I've heard on other forums that HL2 does not play well with overclocked cards... Have you tried setting it back to normal speeds?

4. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

You have a 6600gt so why o'c it anyway, for hl2 at least. I can run it full, no aa or as tho, with a 5200 :) and 512 RAM

5. splitt3r

it runs quake 4 better when it is OCed and it never gets hotter than 75C that is why I overclocked it:)

6. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

HL2 couldent care less how far you overclock your videocard..... youl just get realy bad artifacts.....what its sinsitive to is CPU and FSB overclocking .....the havoc physics engine is vary intolerant to any calculation errors.....prolly should have been clearer in the other thread.....Splitt3r is soudnds like a scripting error to me but iv never known a scripting error to crash or hang a system things normaly just get realy weard......

7. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Regardless... I would set it back to normal speeds so that you can rule it out as a possibility. It really is just normal troubleshooting... Process of elimination.

8. splitt3r

I can try that, but it doesn;t ahppen right away, it happened after like 30 minutes of play time at a completely random point, and I am not seeing any artifacts after my OC

9. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Yeah, but overclocking anything can cause instability. Whether or not it happens right away is irrelevant.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds