Hannspree monitor flickers and shakes at 1600x900 resolution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kappa, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Kappa

Kappa Private E-2

Recently my faithful old 2000 monitor burned out, probably due to too much color correction. Yesterday, I bought the cheapest monitor available at Best Buy, a HANNspree 20" flatscreen. It says on the box that it's supposed to run at a 1600x900 resolution, but when I set it, the screen shakes. Any other resolution is fine. I have NO idea what on earth could cause this. It isn't a problem with the monitor itself, it works fine on my other computer. I already spoke with their tech support once, and all they had to say was that it should work fine with Windows XP as long as I had it set to a 60 Hertz refresh rate, which I do.

Any hints?

Just in case it matters, I'm using an NVidia Geforce 7300 graphics card, with all the updated drivers. I'm not sure what other information would be helpful.

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

My guess is that your graphics dont support that res, most common is 1600x1200--1680x1050. ed

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Asked and being worked here. Please understand shotgun or cross posting (across the same, or multiple sites) can result in conflicting information, and confusion for you, and those responding. It also ties up limited volunteer resources so in that respect, the practice if often frowned upon, and not good forum etiquette.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds