Hard drive cloning software

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jul 29, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Is there any software that will clone hard drives that runs from within Windows? Like lets say I have an external 80gb drive with 78gb of data on it and I want to copy it to a 250gb external, is there an app that will do this, or do I need to use something closer to Unstoppable Copier, or a similar file copier. What if I had a 20gb drive with a bootable OS on it, and I hook it up as a slave drive, and lets say I want to clone the drive to a new 160gb drive hooked in thru a USB port, and I want the new 160gb to be bootable with the exact same files as the old 20gb. Is there a Windows based cloning app that will do these things???

THANKS!

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks.... I'll give it a shot.
    :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds