Hard Drive Contents to .vhd

Discussion in 'Software' started by bestsportnascar, Jul 26, 2007.

1. bestsportnascar

bestsportnascar Private E-2

Hello Everyone.

I'm working to get two PC's down to one. One PC is XP and the other is.... DOS. I've been told that the DOS Program "probably" wont run in compatibility mode for windows 95, which is as far back as XP Supports. My other idea was to create a virtual PC on the XP machine and have the DOS machine inside of it. I need to know if there is a way to copy the contents of the DOS hard drive to a .vhd file without damaging the OS or losing the data. I realize that I could do Dual boot and should have no problem like that, but I need to be able to get to both at the same time.

Summary: How do I get the Contents of a DOS hard drive imaged into a .vhd file to work with MS Virtual PC 2007?

Thanks,

Chris

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds