Hard drive Error has me stumped.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by F900, Mar 14, 2007.

1. F900

F900 Private E-2

I should of paid attention to it more when from boot up my harddrive (WD 250GB) was taking 5mins to boot up. On Sunday on got the bluescreen, just after the XP logo displayed.

On the Blue screen the stop errors I get are 0x0000007B and sometimes it will be 0x0000007B .. saying Windows has shut down to stop damage etc..

I can't get past it no matter what I do, safe mode, cmd mode nothing works.

Next step was to try and use Windows XP CD after the setting up windows screen and you see the Temp drivers been loaded I get the same error, just right after all the drivers have loaded.

But here is the problem, 2 computers, 3 New Harddrives 1 new motherboard, replaced the graphics card, Ram, removed the sound card. No matter what I try I still get the same error.

Even on the brand new HD I just bought. I even tried using the XP CD on an old computer just to see if that was the problem, works fine, and gets to the options where you can repair XP.

I even tried this

http://www.retosphere.de/tipsandtricks/ntfserror.php?menu_id=24&

Was looking promising, followed the instructions still same problem after boot up.

My computer has the abilty to check if the HD has failed, and I get a PASS.

I just simply don't get it, especially trying to install a fresh copy of XP on to a brand new HD, I've bought 2 already and still see the same error.

On one of the computers I've replaced the motherboard, swaped out the VC, Ram and taken out the SC.

Same problem.

Dell can't figure it out so, I ask what else can I try at this stage. Its just the whole thing does not make sense, especially when i'm seeing the same error on a different computer using different hardware...

I mean if it is just the harddrive error, it should be a simple case of buying a brand new HD and reinstalling XP. After 3days, I don't know what else to do.

Any Advice would be great....

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

3. F900

F900 Private E-2

Thanks, looks like it will come in handy....

Turns out the problem was bad motherboard drivers ...

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I am glad you solved it.Can you tell me how you went about finding it, for the archive of useful/useles information, for anyone else ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds