Hard-Drive formatting hell...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DrynnlX, Feb 21, 2007.

1. DrynnlX

DrynnlX Private E-2

I have recently sold my Netgear SC101 LAN NAS because, well, it was bo****ks, So I took my 250GB hard-drive out and sold the NAS on ebay and bought a USB enclosure.

I put my hard-drive in, and what do you know, the DataPlow_ZFS format is still on the disk. So, I cannot reformat because I get I/O errors, I was wondering if anybody else has used Sc101's or the Dataplow format and had the same sort of problem that might be able to help, I do not want to have to tell my mum she wasted £45 on a new Hard-Drive :(

Thanks.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Would a utility disk from the HD manufacturer help with reformatting the drive? I'm not sure where the new drive is coming into the picture. You took the 250g from the SC101 enclosure and put it in an external enclosure. Now you need to put it into NTFS file format in order to use it. You're not worried about the data but just want a clean HD. I think a manufacturer disk might help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds