Hard drive not recognized w/XP install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmhat98, Aug 26, 2007.

1. jmhat98

jmhat98 Private E-2

I have been having trouble with my desktop and decided to just buy a new hard drive and reinstall windows. Well I am trying to do that and windows recognizes the HD when I begin the install b/c it shows as a partition, however when it comes to the first reboot in the installation it does not recognize the hard drive. It tries to boot from floppy and then cd and tells me to reboot and select proper boot device, but then it does not act like it recgnizes the new hard drive b/c it does not give me the option to select it. Any help would be appreciated, the desktop has been down for weeks now and I have been working on it as I have time, but it is really starting to get frustrating.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Quick question .....are you letting it format fully before you begin the install?
    And it is set as master?!

3. jmhat98

jmhat98 Private E-2

I got it to work. I had to go to default settings in my bios and that seems to have taken care of things for now. Thanks

4. bodhost.com

bodhost.com Private E-2

It's great! that your problem is solved . Let us know If you will face any problem in future:D

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Good to know.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds