Hard Drive Partition in Vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by axelbrora, Nov 7, 2009.

1. axelbrora

axelbrora Private E-2

Hi,

I have installed a new samsung 1Tb hard drive and I am trying to partition the drive with Vista. I am getting a lot of "access denied" errors however by shrinking the C: volume in stages I have manage to create the D: volume and extend it into the unallocated space.

I now have the c: volume at about 573Gb amd the D: volume anout 347Gb. when I try to shrink the C: volume further Vista is only offerring to shrink it about 82,000 Mb (8Gb) and even if I select the full amount I get "access denied".

I would like to get the C: volume for the operating system and programmes down to about 100Gb and the rest on the D: volume for storage. I have just installed Vista and there is nothing else on the hard disk other than my AV so I would like to do this now.

Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated.

Axel

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Agree. I used it when I encountered the same problem as axelbrora.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds