Hard Drive Replacement - Virtual Signature Issues after Win7x64 install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evan214, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Evan214

Evan214 Private E-2

What's up??

Been having this issue for a few days, almost ready to throw my computer out the window to get any results.. But here's the deal.

My hard drive had failed in my computer, so i went on NCIX and ordered a new one. Threw that one into the pc (metaphorically)..

Used the Gateway (there's my problem right away) Recovery disc to reinstall windows. Everything went fine with the install up to the point where it reboots my computer then says "Preparing to setup Windows".. It then prompt me with an error "Windows cannot install onto this computers hardware" or something of that disliking. So i went on google and figured out how to run command prompt from that screen and type in the commands to run "msoobe". Which i assume would bypass that error by manually running the windows setup guide.

Bingo! Windows was all setup and working fine until i rebooted.. my internet worked fine right off the bat, so i got on the gateway website and installed all my drivers, and everything seemed to be working fine.. My Device manager looks clean, no yellow marks, my video cards working, everything seems functional.

Until i plug almost anything into my USB ports.. i then get errors like..

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. Code 52".

[​IMG]

Memory sticks work fine, but my Iphone, Ipod Shuffle, Microsoft Vision Camera, non of those will install..

I've reinstalled Itunes + Apple Mobile Support, etc. more times then i'd like to admit, i've tried going into reg edit to see if there's a "Upper Filters" or "Lower Filters" in the usbs registry (Neither is there btw). I've tried turning off the Virtual signing through command prompt, that didn't do anything either.

If i'm lucky and uninstall the Iphone drivers, then replug the device back in, it will recognize my iphone as a digital camera and i can get photos off of it.

I feel like my registries are all messed up because when i boot itunes i also get a DVD drive error..

[​IMG]

Everything worked perfect before the hard drive change, so i'm thinking either somethings wrong there, or my recovery discs are screwed up, or me doing the "msoobe" installation had something to do with it.

Please if someone can help i'd be so happy, it's been a week without being able to sync my ipod, its torture. :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds