Hard drive test #2 - 07 Fail

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goodtexan, Mar 2, 2014.

1. goodtexan

goodtexan Private E-2

My HP Laptop with Windows Vista won't boot up. I followed another thread that said to do the startup repair. That didn't work. It still goes to just the pointer in the middle of a blank screen. In safe mode I see all the drivers or whatever that are loading then the pointer. Nothing else.

I was trying to do the memory diagnostic test but F8 stopped working to show the start up repair options. I went in the bios instead and ran a hard drive test. This is the result I got: Test Status #2 - 07 Fail

Is my computer done for? It is about 7 years old.
    HP Pavillion 6000
    AMD Turion 64 X2
    1024 MD DDR2 memory
    HP Vista Home Premium

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

A replacement new hard drive will set you back around $50. If you do not have a HP restore DVD for your PC you'll have to order one from HP or purchase a new Windows 7 or 8 OEM license for around $100. In this case, I'd personally opt for Windows 7 since you'll likely have fewer (if any) driver issues while reinstalling.

Hope this helps.

3. goodtexan

goodtexan Private E-2

So you are saying that code does mean a bad hard drive? I may choose to get a new computer instead.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds