Hardcano 9 (Pre-Installed on Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A Tower)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evil Incarnate, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Private E-2

Hello all. I have done a search looking for the information I need, but have been thus far unsuccessful. If anyone can point me to a thread that can answer my question, I would appreciate it, and I apologize in advance for posting this. However, I have only two questions.

First: Can anyone tell me in what order I must hook up my fans, power ends, and fan control ends (i.e. fans connect to fan control ends connect to psu.) I have everything hooked up, but I do not believe I am able to control the speed of my fans, as I hear and feel no change when adjusting the speeds in large increments. I am not sure if I might have everything hooked up in the wrong order.

Second: (Might answer first) Can anyone tell me why I am unable to turn my hardcano unit on? I have all of the ends hooked up to the best of my knowledge, yet I still get no display on the LCD, and the buttons do not respond. I am not sure where I went wrong with this one, as I can not get anything out of it.

Thank you all so much in advance!

-Ryan Thaut

2. Nexus888

Nexus888 Private E-2

Not sure if it is like the 13, but there is a built in battery which was dead on mine, hence nothing would display on the unit.

The 13 came with 2 Molex to 3 pin adaptors which provides power to the fans via molex, but control via the front unit. I do not have these plugged into the power supply, only the Hardcano 13.

3. Evil Incarnate

Well, I was able to get the LCD to trun on. I had thought that the six power connectors coming out of the back of the Hardcano unit would give it power; I was wrong. When I found the seventh power connector bundled up behind the LCD screen, I "put two and two together" and now the LCD screen works.

However, I still do not think that I can control the fan speeds with the four knobs, even though they are all hooked up. I think it has something to do with the order in which they are hooked up (as described in orignal post), but I also do not know how much of a difference I should be able to hear or feel when I turn the knobs all the way from max to min or vice versa.

Any further help would be great.

-Ryan Thaut

4. Evil Incarnate

All's well that ends well, I suppose. I figured out what I was doing wrong. It would be nice if Thermaltake would have published better instructions for those of us who have never used temperature monitoring accessories and fan speed contolling devices, but such was not the case. After finding the online instruction manual for the Hardcano 13 unit, I was able to understand how the fan control unit functioned so that I knew how to hook everything up properly.

Oh well, I learned something new, as I plan to continue using these monitoring units in future machines that I build, as everyone is becoming paranoid about the temperature of their machines due to the new CPU technology.

Ryan Thaut

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds