HardDrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CZ14B827, Nov 26, 2010.

1. CZ14B827

CZ14B827 Private E-2

Hello Everyone

I need to copy some documents from a DVD to my HardDrive, can someone please explain the steps to do this ?

Thank You

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Do you mean a DVD Disc ?? if so its as simple as putting the disk in the ROM then 'Drag & Drop' to where ever you want to copy it to.

3. CZ14B827

CZ14B827 Private E-2

Yes, i do mean a DVD Disc, how do you copy it to the HardDrive. Thanks

4. CZ14B827

CZ14B827 Private E-2

I have Windows Vista as my Operating System. Thanks

5. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

As Toke said ..........

6. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

To reiterate... Put your DVD Disk in your ROM tray, you can either wait to a small screen appears asking you to 'Open Folder To View Files, or go to My Computer/DVD/CD/ right click on it/Open then simply click & hold left mouse button to drag the folder where you have chosen to put it in the list on the Left hand side of the screen. ;)

7. CZ14B827

CZ14B827 Private E-2

Thanks Toke, Worked Like A Charm.

8. Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow Private E-2

I've added a bigger H/d in slave mode . Now I would like to extract the original Harddrive . Any pointers as I would like to boot from the remaining drive . Will it have or do I have to install a MBR to get it to kick. I could just go ahead and hope for the best ,maybe burn the important files to disc in case it went wrong . Any ideas ?

9. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

CZ14B827's problem was completely different than your own issue. You should start your own thread in order to avoid confusion.

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds